To register for any of the sessions listed below, please make sure that you are signed in if you already have a profile with us. If not, please click on sign in / register and create a profile. Once you are logged in, the register button will become available to you.
Join the Financial Planning Institute of Southern Africa (FPI) and Elizabeth de Stadler for a 3-part webinar series on POPIA and Data Privacy which will be available to watch until 10 March 2022 and you will be awarded 4.5 Verifiable Ethics CPD hours.
Webinar 1: What is POPIA really about?
- An overview of POPIA
- Privacy trends in financial services (Why we need POPIA?)
- Debunking some POPIA myths
- What activities will be impacted
- Consequences of non-compliance
Webinar 2: High-risk areas for financial planners.
- Information security: What are the threats to the safety of information?
- Is what you are doing legal: What can you do with the personal information you have?
- Sharing information: Financial services is all about the flow of personal information, but is all sharing legal?
- Marketing: What can you do, what can’t you do?
Webinar 3: 10 things financial planners should do right now.
- What is a POPIA Compliance Framework?
- Cyber-hygiene: Get the basics of ISM right
- Getting a grip on what you have: Data mapping made easy
- A quick guide to personal information impact assessments
- Contract management: Make sure you have the right contracts and that you don’t breach them
About the speaker: Elizabeth de Stadler
Available: 11 March 2021 - 10 March 2022
CPD: 4.5 Ethics and Practice Standards CPD Hours
COB Category: All
Financial Planning: Ethics & Practice Standards
Financial Advice: Ethics, Standards & Compliance
Cost FPI Members: Complimentary(All FPI designated members will receive all webinars for free as a membership benefit which are pre-registered and accessible via the E-learning portal)
Cost Non-Members: R750
Elizabeth is the founding director of Novation Consulting (Pty) Ltd. She is a rehabilitated attorney specialising in compliance and risk management strategy, plain language drafting and data protection law. Elizabeth loves Lego, t-shirts, sneakers, zombies and white wine. She hates comic sans font, sweet potato and most other attorneys. She is very scared of moths.
Please make sure that after you've registered, you proceed to checkout and submit order to secure your registration
You can access the webinar via the below once payment has been applied from our side, please allow 2 working days:
Username: Member Number
Password: Member Number
(Click on Member number in order to retrieve it)